Tuesday, December 6, 2011

More Delays

So, this weekend wasn't good.  I worked something like 35 hours on stuff for my classes and I still didn't get even close to what I wanted to get done.  I blame it mostly on web design.  So, I can tell you already, I don't have what's due today.

A) For the work-in-progress, honestly, I haven't even had a chance to touch the animation since I made it.  It worries me that I may not get a solid chance to touch it much even before next Saturday, which at this point would be completely meaningless for this semester.  On the plus side I now have every background done for this animation (a quite tedious task in itself, believe me).  The assets are the real problem at the point.  I planned to have the Illustrator files for all of the assets done by now, but I found that its just not going to happen before Tuesday night.

This is not the week to be behind... but when the shit hits the fan... well, you make due I guess.  I'm desperately hoping that things go faster on Tuesday and Wednesday.

B) Here's my outline for the presentation.  I plan to edit it a bit between now and Thursday.


At the start of my college education ->

-       Deeply influenced by the fantasy and science fiction genres because it gave room for imagination. – Willow, Lord of the Rings (first look at behind the scenes work and making behind the scenes seem more of an interesting journey than the film itself), Star Trek
-       Because of my wide imagination, I like to experiment.
-       Because of my love of film, I started to work with film. (film demo reel)
-       Because of my love of imagination,  I then began to work in animation. (animation demo reel)

-       Currently in my BFA, I am just beginning to animate.  I’m starting to locate where some of the potential issues may be as far as moving a character a certain way or framing them the same way as the animatic.  I finally have all the backgrounds done (in itself an extremely tedious process)
-       Show all assets
-       In the future I see myself in a few different places.  My first choice is video editing.  I like being able to affect how a story is told, based on a series of choices.  The next choice would lie inside the visual effects field.  As I said, I love imagination, so vfx would be a dream job.

C) Web Presence Development - This is a place I'm actually not doing too bad with.

I actually already have a:
(obviously, they all need to be cleaned up a bit before I can claim them for professional purposes, but they're there.)

I also just got done coding my entire portfolio website.  All I need to do is get it on the web when I'm not broke.

Anyway, that's where I'm at.  Somehow... it'll all get done.  I'm not quite sure how yet... but it'll happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment