Thursday, October 20, 2011

Calendar Revisions - Yet Again

So, for me, fall break was just adding exactly one extra day on to my weekend, which actually didn't help me very much, considering I was already behind.  So considering that I tried to plan too much  on top of that just means that I'm still behind.  Go figure.

The animatic was started.... it's kind of rough.  I don't feel confident with using storyboard pro, so I'm going to use my own method.  If that's a problem for people, sorry, but you'll just have to live with it.  I'm not using toonboom in animation anyway, so it kind of all works out.  I had it so that my scratch track would be recorded on the 25th.  I actually already have the voices and a few basic sounds recorded now.  It's not pretty or anything, but it'll work.

Now, here's what I'm behind on.  I haven't even started on my assets... digital or the hand drawn backgrounds.  I know that'll bite me later, but what can I say... working in after effects is mostly about building the assets.  The thing I'm most disappointed with is the fact that the Hand backgrounds didn't even really get started.  That partly had to do with the fact that I forgot I had to gesso all the panels first... which took a while.

Anyway, yeah.... I haven't been at my best lately.  Truth be told, I am totally tired of this semester, and I'm running out of will power on this project...

So I'm moving back the backgrounds.  I hope to still have them sketched out on the due date that I've set to have them all done.  And the rest of the assets.... I hope those will be done soon.  My plan is to still have them done on time, and to spend my time working on them, rather than the scratch track for the 25th... but my hopes may be dashed come tomorrow afternoon.  So I'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment