Monday, October 10, 2011

Revisions - Storyboard

Okay, so I finally had some time to think about the revisions that I made on the 6th.  Long story short.  They don't work.  So I'm scrapping the entire set except for maybe a few frames before the alley scene.  I tried making her a shy character, and what I realized was that she became too timid.  So timid in fact that her character's punyness was starting to piss me off.  She's not Miss Manners.  She is a sarcastic, firey, but soft-spoken woman.  She may have manners, but it's only a side effect from a proper upbringing.  It doesn't define her.  I think it would be a mistake to think that it does.  I designed her after my own moral code.  She sees what's wrong with the world, so she is a superhero.  No person with the level of manners that was brought up in class would have the drive to become a superhero.  They would be too afraid of hurting someone.  Their solution would never be violence.  More to that effect, people with an extreme set of manners often come off as weak and "helpless."  She's anything but that, otherwise she'd be asking the thugs to "please" leave her alone, and she'd be having Lee do the ass-kicking.  And I gotta say, I'd rather throw this animation out and start over with a completely different story than animate her acting that way.  So, while I respect the opinions of the class, my answer at this point is "hell no."  And I won't compromise this time.  End of story. Now, I'm off to revise my storyboards yet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment