Monday, October 24, 2011

Presentation Self Evaluation

So... I'll start off my saying that the beginning of that presentation was a complete disaster.  I'm well aware that I hate pubic speaking.  In fact, I get so nervous that I'm actually taking something for it.  I think it goes way back to a vocal competition that I was in during middle school--truly a crazy story.  But in this case, there was no help for it.  What I can give myself props for was somehow managing to get to the demo reel and collect myself while the video was playing.  And from there is was relatively smooth sailing.  So, I'd omit most of what was said at the beginning, because I'm aware that about 50% of if was me freaking the hell out.  Anyway, the childhood stuff will probably go away.  Most of my major influences happened in high school, except for getting into Science fiction & Fantasy as a genre.  I probably will add that the start of my fantasy movie watching began with a movie called Willow back in the 90s.  I think that would be a good lead-in to the Lord of the Rings, without making it seem so prominent--even if it is my happy place.  I also might add that I was a rather picky, but avid fan of the Star Trek series, which later interested me in things like Star Wars and Doctor Who--yes Star Trek came first.  I was about three years old when I started watching it, who can blame me.

I think the transition between the two videos was nice.

My pitch... gosh... that thing.  I dunno.  No matter how I phrase this project, it's just not funny until you watch it.  It's funny in my head at least.  I think I need to talk to some of the comic people to figure out how they would describe this story.  They might have much better luck coming up with an answer than me.

The reels and sketches I think need to be put in one big long movie project so I can just press play whenever necessary.  A build folder would also be a great idea.  Everything would be grouped together, but I could still easily control the presentation.

For the end.  No more travel.  That was me trying to talk about something that isn't relevant to where I am in my life at the moment.  I probably should talk a little more about where I would like to work or go to school in the future.

Overall, I just need to learn to find more to say.  I'm pretty chatty in the more casual parts of class sometimes, but as a whole I'm an extremely quiet person, which means I often don't have a lot to say.  Words often fail me because I'm too busy trying to figure out exactly the right thing to say.  Tell me to write on paper and I'll speak my mind.  Tell me to talk to a crowd of people and I have nothing to say.

So, yeah.  This presentation was mediocre at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment