Monday, October 3, 2011

Job Write-up

My first post is about a job at FOX:


I like the idea of working at FOX because many of its shows project a lighter-hearted environment.  I also would like the opportunity (if I could move up the ranks), to finally influence their decisions on what gets cancelled.  FOX has had a wonderful array of great shows, but it's also one of the most guilty when it comes to canceling the best ones.  So, not only would I love to eventually work on the sets of those shows, but I would love to eventually keep them on the air.


My Second Job Posting I almost hesitated to add because I really desire to go to a school associated with this studio, but I just couldn't get away without adding this:
Universal Studios has been and still is one of the most college/graduate friendly studios I think I've ever come across.  Not only have they built Dave School which is entirely designed to teach students the ins and outs of visual effects, but they also have a program dedicated to helping people get into entry level positions in the industry, teaching them the basic need-to-knows.  This program is an amazing loophole into a world that most film graduates can only dream about.

The Third Posting isn't so much a job opening as a company.  Przyborski Productions is a studio in Pittsburgh, PA (one of my choice cities after school) that is largely commercial.  Only, they focus more on the "people" aspect of commercial, than the industry side.  This studio is known for things like making promotional videos for the state fairs, which to me is more acceptable than a lot of the commercial companies.  Another thing that draws me to this company is their great cinematography.  I think this would be a great experience.


In short, I don't want a cold, sterile atmosphere where everyone sits in a room and only talks to each other when they need to change something (something one of my family members has recently experienced in a seemingly "dream" job).  I want imagination, a little freedom, and someone who isn't going to fire me if I accidently mess up a time or two.  It's a lot to ask for, but I'd rather work in a totally different profession than be miserable in something that I love doing so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment